Thursday 3 March 2011

When you Know there is a Higher Power

Cruise Day 9: Protein and Veggie
Today, I was all set to weigh in for my biggest loser contest - but low and behold, work was insanely busy (which I actually like). We had a meeting at lunch, so there was no way I could deek over to the contest (which means I owe a dollar next week for not weighing in, and I lose out on my ballots for the pedometer!!). And of course, this meeting was catered. I was thinking, great - the last time it was catered by an outsider, they brought subway. I don't need that temptation. The bread will call to me. The buns will sing their siren call. I can't do it!! Why did today have to turn out this way???!!!

But then, the sky opened up, and I gazed into the space, only to find a beautiful buffet table of barbequed chicken, beef, and lamb. No sauces, with the exception of optional tzatziki.. With a very plain salad, dressing on the side as well. It was a low-carbers dream come true. It's moments like that when I consider, there just might be some funky love karma thing happening here. I don't know who I'm quoting here; I think it was a friend of mine, but I apologize whomever you are.

"When you get an onion ring in your fries, that's when you know there is a Higher Meaning to all of this. Everything is going to turn out just fine." 

I did find this on the onion: Fabled Burger King Employee

I love that.

Life gets better too. I did weigh in, but just on the work scale, which is my source of honesty for the Dukan.

Starting Weight: 158lbs or 71.8kgs
Cruise Day 9: 153lbs or 69.54kgs

According to the Dukan site, I'm pretty much right on plan. I was supposed to lose 3lbs on attack, and then pretty much 2lbs per week. Which is 5 pounds (plus one day). I'm so good at math.

Anyhow, I'm still at work (although they stopped paying me 46 minutes ago). I must be off to the gym. I'll be posting again later with food logs, and what exercise I got my butt geared up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment