Thursday 10 March 2011

And We Won't Even Talk About What it is Like When The Scales Aren't Moving....

Don't even know what to say today. Don't know where to go with this.
I went to my weigh in at work. It's been a week since I weighed in. I was feeling quite confident, and to be honest with you, quite light. My rings feel loose, my clothing not clinging. I'm wearing feather weight clothes. I went to the bathroom last night. And my weight is up. There. I said it. It's not up a pound. It's up to 155.2lbs. Which is more than at the end of my two day attack. I should be, roughly, at 151 according to the charts at the dukan site. I've been strict (with the exception of my run in with the popcorn). And as I wasn't feeling the best yesterday, you can guarantee that I'm not feeling that great today. I almost started crying. Mostly because I was so sure that it would be down.

I've got enough will power to not look at this as an excuse to throw in the towel and polish off a big cinnamon bun, or a bottle of wine - but I'll let you know; it is very tempting!! But what it makes me feel like doing is burying myself in bed, and not looking at anyone. It makes me feel like a failure.

I could pull out all the things I'd say to other people in this situation, which are all honest things;
'maybe you are retaining water', 'maybe you're hormones are off', 'maybe you are eating more than you think you are'. Scratch the last one, as if I'm eating on plan, then I should be able to eat how ever much I like.

Maybe it's the dairy? That is one thought I've had.

I can't look down at myself at these times. I just can't. I won't. Maybe I will in the privacy of my house, but it won't last long.

Today's meal:
Breakfast: oatbran and egg whites
Lunch: salad with turkey and fish
Dinner: Beef Stirfry w/ pumpkin
Snack: yogurt and bite of dukan brownie

Exercise:
Walked 5Km,
10Km run

Later Gators. Would love to hear from you.
H

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I have enjoyed reading your blog entries. I am so sorry that the scale isn't budging!!With all of your workouts and careful menu planning-seems like you are doing everything right!
    Do you think it is at all possible that you are doing too much? Exercise-wise?
    How do you feel (other than the depression days), physically? I found this diet to really regulate my blood sugar, better than anything else. I have pretty good energy-but not sure that I would exercise intensively. You should have little or no glycogen storage at this point. Dr. Dukan is pretty clear in his book that intensive exercise is a no no. (30 min walk is non-negotiotiable, but nothing more). I don't know how that would affect an already hard core exerciser-most dieters are not in that category!!!!
    I am impressed that you are powering through it. If you already aren't using another set of measurements (calipers, tape measure, tight jeans), you should consider that, because sometimes the scale is out of sync with the changes in the body.
    Good luck!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia! Thanks for checking out my blog!
    I have thought that it could be possible that I am overdoing it with exercise (in the form of my husband's voice in my ear!) while on the Dukan. At first, it was really hard to run with so few carbs, but now it doesn't seem so bad. I do feel better on the Dukan, and my blood sugar/energy levels seem better than before. I always have felt that carbs made my blood sugar spike, and then I was left feeling like crap - so that's a move in the right direction!

    I checked out the Dukan UK site, and there is a 'success story' there of a marathon runner. Very inspiring. So I like to think that if she could do that, then I should be able to run 5 or 10K. That being said, I haven't got the book yet, so it will be interesting to read his take on it.

    I should take measurements! I did take pictures, and I have LOTS of tight jeans. My tummy does feel thinner, or perhaps just not as bloated as before! Haha.

    Thanks for your kind words, and I'll keep them in my mind!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete