Tuesday 8 March 2011

Happy (dukan) Pancake Tuesday!!!

I love celebrating! Any reason is a good reason! National Cookie day? Christmas? Sleep Awareness week? By the way, it is also that last one! Get some zzzz.....

But I'm sure you all know that it is also Pancake Tuesday, aka Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, or the day before you give something up that your really like, because your mother and teachers all made you. But what a great day to make some flapjacks!!

Dukan Pancakes with Cinnamon Yogurt

2 tbsp oat bran
1 tsp flax meal
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein
4 egg whites
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend it all, and fry it up!

Mix some sweetener and cinnamon with plain yogurt for topping. 

Delicious!

Glad to be finished my night shifts, and now have the rest of the week off. Such a blessing. And it looks like Nova Scotia is showing the first signs of Spring. It's zero degrees outside, but sunny and the birds are chirping. The snow has melted, and the grass is such a sight for sore eyes! I love this time of year, so long as it is not raining. It is fantastic for running!

Today's Meal Log: 
Breakfast: See above! Yummy pancake with cinnamon yogurt
Snack: Source yogurt
Dinner: Steak and eggs

Roughly about 1100 calories today - but it was a short day. I slept most of it! 

Exercise: 
5Km run
40 minute Full-body circuit training
25 minutes Precor

No weigh ins until Thursday. Not sure if I'm losing or not, but I'll keep at it. Hopefully that popcorn didn't derail me too much. Oh, and I didn't write last nights food in, but it was all good. Salad, chicken, eggs, yogurt, a few baby carrots. COFFEE! 



All finished for today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment