Saturday 26 March 2011

Sqaushaghetti Fail????


Okay, so first things first, when you are trying to make "SQUASHAGHETTI", you must indeed buy the correct kind of squash. The kind you are looking for can be seen here. So, SPAGHETTI SQUASH is what you want to buy. What did I buy? Oh, Butternut. I don't even have a good excuse. I thought, oh there it is..."Oh and look at the price! 99 cents/lb! What a great deal!", and into the buggy it went. Anyhow...here is 'squashaghetti' made with regular butternut squash. 

The Wrong Squash!

Buy the right squash. If you didn't, no biggie. Take a fork, and put holes into squash and then place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for one hour.


Veggies


Saute up some Mushrooms, garlic, onions, and green pepper




Add your beef


Add Chili Powder

The secret ingredient du Renaissance : Cocoa





Add tomatoes (I used a can of stewed)



Humour Hungry Hannah, the Beautiful Basset.

Now take your sqaush out. If you bought the correct squash or the wrong one, cut in half. Scoop out the seeds and yuckies with a spoon.

If you did indeed purchase the correct squash, take your fork and and graze the inside of the squash. It will peel off in strands, like spaghetti (hence the name). If you bought the wrong squash, you can feel really stupid, and just scoop it out however you darn well please. Just look really confident, and pretend that you know exactly what you are doing,as this was exactly what you intended.

Apres, top your wonderful squash that looks just like spaghetti (or nothing like it whatsoever) with the spaghetti sauce you have been simmering for the last hour or so.

And Voila!
Butternut Squashaghetti! I maka da momma proud!!

4 comments:

  1. I usually make my "spaghetti" using courgette squash. I thin slice them and then cut into stripes. Put in the boil for 1 minute and tadaaa :)

    I am such a newbie with all this blogging how can I not be anonymous?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea! I'll have to try that!

    I think if you do not want to be anonymous you scroll down in the 'comment as' box bellow where you type the comment, and pick name and type in your name. I'm kinda new to it all as well!! But you can just write your name, and then I'll know who you are!!

    Heather:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for spaghetti squash online all day since reading this post. No luck. I'll have to try out "anonymous's" courgette squash. I never eat enough courgette, but it's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte!
    Were you looking for the recipe or photo? Or were you looking to buy online? If it's the recipe, check out http://daretobedomestic.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-recipe-spaghetti-squash.html
    She makes it looks so good. My friend puts laughing cow cheese and salt and pepper on it, and I swear it tastes like mac n' cheese. So good!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete