Saturday 12 March 2011

DUKAN TUNA HORS D'OEUVRES

Greetings fellow Dukaners!

Just to touch on yesterdays eating, my calories ended up around 1800 or so. I ate quite a bit at dinner, and kept snacking, albeit on cottage cheese and yogurt mixed with cocoa (yum).

As for today; I made a delightful brunch, which I think would serve wonderfully as Dukan Hors D'oeuvres.



DUKAN TUNA HORS D'OEUVRES


Recipe: Just mix together 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 
1/2 can of tuna, add some garlic and onion powder. 
Cut up some cucumbers, and arrange beautifully. 
(even my hubby liked them!)

I think my next big adventure in the kitchen will be Low Carb Cream Cheese Muffins!
This lady has a fantastic blog for low carb recipes. Some of them are higher in fat than Dukan would recommend, but I'm all about mixing things up and trying to figure out ways to do it the Dukan way! Shall I make them tonight???

Meal Log:
Brunch: (what? I got up really late!) Dukan Tuna Hors D'oeuvres
Snack: Cottage cheese melted with a touch of vanilla extract and Cocoa (deeelish!!)
Dinner: (cooking now and SMELLS GOOD) Roast w/ squash, carrots, onions, mushrooms (and potatoes for the hubby carb monster).
Dessert: Will either be Dukan Brownies, or those Cream Cheese Muffins!

Calories estimated to be about 1200.

Exercise Log:
1 hour of precor.
It was raining outside today, so no walking to the gym - hence the long workout. It was easy paced, as I didn't really want to 'exercise' today - to take it easy. Lots of stretching though and a sauna!

Trying to up my water intake as well, and I'm up to 3 big glasses (they're about 500ml).

2 comments:

  1. Good for you....I knew you could get back on the horse,,, now keep on galloping....
    Love the tuna cottage cheese things......I will try and add to my blog if you do not mind...
    Thanks
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all! Your site has GREAT recipes!
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete