Tuesday 15 March 2011

Isn't Yoga Supposed to be Calming????

Cruise Day 21: Protein/Veggie

Not much to say today, but much on my mind. I'm afraid to weigh in. I'm craving carbs. I'm considering nixing dairy, but wondering what affect that will have on me. I'm wondering if I can consistently go without carbs. I'm wondering what other Dukaners do, and how they are feeling. Once you get to consolidation, do you have carbs in your celebration meals? Do you think, I'd rather have normal pizza than the less fulfilling Dukan pizza? Or have your views on carbs totally changed, and do you feel as though you are not tempted by them in the slightest? Do you eat as much dairy as I do? What are your day to day emotions? Why haven't people been blogging lately? All of these things are racing through my mind. I wish my bowels were as fast acting as my spinning brain! And to think I did yoga today! Isn't that supposed to calm me???? I'm really working on staying focused right now, and happy in the moment. But my brain is on fire.

Meal log:
Breakfast: 2 eggs/2 egg whites, oatbran/wheatbran/flax porridge
Lunch: edamame (soy beans) with plain yogurt and 1.5 cans of tuna!
Dinner: Turkey sausages with cottage cheese
Snacks: Source yogurts (2)
Dessert: Jello

Exercise: 
10Km walk
1 hour yoga class (which was really nice and calming at that moment:)

2 comments:

  1. If you've gained weight consider the following: were you dehydrated before and now you're not? Did you have something salty? Is your digestive system blocked? Are you putting on muscle? I'm also avoiding aspartame, I plateau'd a few years ago because of it, and when I dropped it from my diet, the scale started to move again. Also, if you are working out a lot, you may not be eating enough calories, and your body is in starvation mode.

    I think if you are working out, being on a low/no carb diet won't work in the long run. Now, I am not knocking Dukan, I think it's a great program. But, maybe modification is a good idea for athletic dieters. Try having a few of the sweeter veggies (carrots/beets), or a glass of milk before/after your workouts, see how you feel.

    I'll keep checking back. We do seem to be on a similar path!

    Veera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment Veera. I love your site by the way!

    To answer your questions (or my questions - tee hee): Yes, my digestive system is blocked. I feel like I go once a week tops. Am I putting on muscle? Not so much. I'm working on it, but with what I assume is a calorie deficit, I probably wouldn't be building any - not to mention, I'm doing a pretty basic weights circuit right now (no P90X for me at the moment!), so it's not that hardcore.

    Interesting thoughts on the aspartame. That definitely could be it. I didn't have any aspartame before, and now I have it almost daily. What do you use for sweetener, or do you use anything?

    Thanks again!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete