Thursday 31 March 2011

No Change

Today was the final weigh in for our at work weight loss challenge. My weight did not change from last week - at all. Even after the Magnesium Citrate! I would say that, it sort of 'cleaned me out', but less than I expected. So am I empty on the inside? No idea. My tummy looks flat. But no real weight change. In fact, it was up 1/2 a pound from last week.

The weight loss challenge was 12 weeks. I lost one pound in that entire time. Note that I hadn't started the Dukan at first, gained a bit, and then went down some. And then up some, and then down some. On a good note, My stomach measurements  went down from 29 inches to 27 inches. So there is some sunshine in my life. Perhaps I have gained muscle, and my body has morphed for the better.

We have two weeks off now, and a new challenge will then start. Obviously, I'm not going to chow down on everything in sight, but I have to admit to you, dear friends...I'm having pizza tomorrow. Yes, it's not at all Dukan approved. And it's not something I'm going to make a habit. But my weight has changed very little, and I'm a slightly frazzled by this. Tomorrow, it's a friend's birthday, and our Pediatric Sleep Conference day - and a bit of a celebration. On a happy mental note, this is a planned cheat and not an emotional binge (which, trust me on this one, I have succumbed to on many occasions in the past). I will enjoy the day, and then recommence or continue my journey. I'm afraid I do not have the iron will that some of you demonstrate daily. I enjoy food. I feel that it is a big part of community and togetherness. It is sad that food brings people together in a good way - but it does. And I love those moments. I don't want to be the girl who can't partake in these things. I just don't want to partake in them everyday. And yes, I'm defensive! And neurotic.

Today's Meals (on the other hand)
Breakfast: Oat bran and protein
Lunch: Can of chicken and can of green beans
Dinner: Dak Kalbi (korean spicy chicken and cabbage)
Snack: some turkey, soy latte

Today's Workout
5Km walk to work
1 hour Fit Mix Class - 2 min cardio/2 min weights repeat, repeat, repeat - CRAZY HARD! 

4 comments:

  1. Don't let the scale get you down! Losing inches is the best way to tell if you are actually losing fat. Gaining muscle can really mess with the numbers on the scale. Get right back on the fitness/healthy eating wagon after your planned cheat. I too enjoy food, but I am also somewhat obsessive, and can be really strict when I'm focused. We're going out to dinner tomorrow, and I'm not having any wine or Austrian pastries. Sniff! I'm planning a celebration meal in late April/May...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While on DD we eat less overall and without the excess carbs we really don't need to "go" as often as before. Don't mistake needing to go with thinking you need to go and resort to laxatives etc. Try cutting out all the tolerated/added foods and just go on the diet with all allowed foods and I am sure you will see results on the scale as well as in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - Thanks for the advice. I didn't really 'resort' to laxatives - my doctor suggested it. I agree completely, as there is less waste, then there is less 'going'. However, I went almost two weeks without going at all. I do think I should cut out all tolerated food for a while. The majority of time, I do. After today though, I need to get back on track. Like I said - it was a planned cheat, and I own it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veerukka - I hope it's muscle! I will be back on track after toay. I'm not worried too much, as I know that the amount we are working out - we ain't getting fat! But I want to start seeing the results you see! I'm hitting the gym right now. I need to start being 'somewhat obsessive'!

    ReplyDelete