Sunday 20 March 2011

A Much Needed Rest Day

When I work nights, I usually do a Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night shift. What this means to me is that I have a great excuse to spend the whole Sunday lingering in bed, having breakfast served to me, and no workouts! Don't get me wrong, I love going to the gym (most days), but it's nice to have a day off guilt-free.
Today, I slept in until 12 noon (I know, I'm awesome - not everyone could do this even if they had the opportunity!). I awoke to a nice soy latte, watched some CNN news reports in bed, got up, made my dukan brownies for work, and some meatballs for work, and some lunch for then, and went back to bed, trying to doze off while watching X-men. A nice, walk to work at 3 degrees, with the sun shining was the perfect 'start' to my day. And now here I am, an hour early with my coffee and some time to blog before the hustle begins. Ahhh...perfect Sunday.

Meal Log:
Breakfast: Soy latte (not much of a meal - but I have to eat tonight at work too!)
Lunch: Pumpkin mixed with egg whites, cocoa, cinnamon and vanilla extract (this was yummy!)
Dinner: Will be scrambled eggs and chicken bacon
Later Dinner: Turkey meatballs
Dessert: Pumpkin brownie

And here's hoping, the other girl who's working said she might bring in some 'spaghetti squash mac n' cheese' which is made with laughing cow, spices, and squash. I'm going to try this at home, as soon as I come to terms with my fear of cooking squash that hasnt' been cut up for me!

Exercise:
Easy paced 5Km walk

Have a wonderful Sunday!! Cheers!

OH! Forgot - Haven't had any real dairy in a few days, and I feel lighter, and did 'go' on Friday and Saturday! So here's hoping. I still have a big belly sticking out, so I know there's something going on, but I feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment