Monday 7 March 2011

Nobody is Perfect

I made my first booboo today, and I have a huge bag full of excuses....

Remember my big post about the disadvantages of working nightshifts. Well, I've got another one. There is no one there to borrow a can opener off of. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I derailed my diet (exaggerating) because I forgot my can opener.
Courtesy of Rob MacIntosh
I had packed in my bag one can of tuna, and one can of chicken to get me through the night. I also had my oatbran and yogurt, which was my dinner upon arrival. Even had a cup of cottage cheese left over. But then, I had two other meals to plan with it. Chicken mixed in. Tuna mixed in. And what did I do??? Forget the stupid can opener. I found an old crumby one that clearly wouldn't work, but tried anything. I managed to at least pin a hole in the can of tuna, which wasted it. So with 10 hours left in my shift, I drank a lot of water and a lot of tea. And then I turned to the darkside briefly, and ate.....a bag of popcorn. There was nothing else remotely healthy in the fridge that was somewhat 'free for the taking'. I could have had cookies or cereal, but I thought, popcorn might be the best decision. So yes. I have a big carb belly today, and a guilty face.

But I'll get back up on that horse, and keep trotting along. It is difficult, once you've given in to temptation, to not give in more though. I have a taste for carbs now, and would love some more. I will get to my goal weight, and then if I want carbs, so be it. This is a life time journey. I'm not going to kick myself too hard for this. And I did something surprising to myself again. I told you about it. This would be something in the past that would have been left unsaid.

For today??? Haven't eaten yet, just woke up. Having a big glass of water before I do anything. I'll keep you posted. I tell you one thing though, I'll be prepared! Cans, Openers, and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment