Saturday 19 March 2011

Dukan Grocery Shopping!!!!

Today was the Grand Opening of the updated Sobey's Grocery store in our neighbourhood. I had the big 10% off coupon, and free grocery bag coupon, and a big list of all the sales. It seems that grocery prices are taking a huge price increase, what with everything that is going on in the world. Wish my salary would!! But I was armed and ready to get as much as I could for the 10% off. I was a woman on a mission!! The one thing I can say about Dukan is - it ain't cheap. But IT IS cheaper than eating out often! Not to mention what I'm saving on wine!

So here we have a little look see on the protein I puchased!

DUKAN GROCERIES

Now this is just the protein portion of groceries, which is really most of it! I bought a few cans of veggies, and I bought my husband almost the same amount in carbs (which was the cheaper part - wonderbread, rice, etc). In this photo we have, 8 packages of ground turkey, a few steaks, some stir fry beef, two packages of turkey sausages, 3 cartons of eggs, tofu, evaporated fat free milk, two tubs of SOY yogurt, 2 tetras of SOY milk, chicken bacon, scallops, cottage cheese, and a big 4 litre jug of skim milk, 2 pkgs of light cream cheese (which I can't see in the picture, but it's in there somewhere!). Hopefully this will get me through a few weeks! I may have to return to buy more yogurt (soy yogurt is pricier too!).
I looked for goat's milk products, but could only find goat's milk and cheese. No yogurt. 

My Leaning Tower of Meat

Now, you'll notice, I've bought both soy and milk products. I bought the milk for my hubby and the Soy milk for me. I did buy the cottage cheese for myself, well, because it was on sale and I couldn't resist - I'm going to save it for the end of the week after seeing how I do with the soy products. 

All of this came to about 80$. Not too bad, after all the price reductions. Oh, and they had a contest where you spin the wheel to win a prize. The odds are 50/50 that you'll win something. Guess what I won! A loaf of beer bread! Too good to be true....ah the irony. Hopefully, my hubby will like it. I KNOW I would! 

While at the store, I was starving, so I bought two boiled eggs for a snack. Perfect. 

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: Oatbran porridge
Lunch: 2 eggs (I know - unprepared!)
Snacks: Soy latte * 2
Dinner: Burgers (made with beef and turkey) 
Dessert: Jello

Workout:
15 minute run - 1.5 miles
15 minute bike ride 
15 minute row

Mixing it up! My muscles were pretty sore from yesterday. I should have hit the sauna again, but instead I indulged in a nice long bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment