Monday 28 March 2011

Manic Monday

I woke up to the alarm this morning, and actually hopped delightfully out of bed. I've been sleeping so poorly lately that I was dreading waking up at 6am today - but it wasn't bad at all! In fact, I got ready and had time to spare before leaving for work. My day has went smoothly so far, not too much stress! I'm just going to hit the gym now.

Meal Log:
Breakfast: Oat bran porridge w/ protein, egg creatiions
Lunch: Can of chicken w/ broccolli
Snack: carrots, yogurt, pumpkin w/ protein and egg whites
Dinner: Will be 'Dak Kalbi' which is a Korean dish of spicy chicken and cabbage.
Dessert: maybe? maybe not

I realize I've been having all Protien/Veggie days which is not what I planned! It has completely presented itself and I haven't held back. It's difficult for me to see veggies as restricted, even 50% of the time. But I should have faith in the good doctor's plan. Tuesday and Wednesday I will do strict protein! Promise!

Exercise:
5Km walk
I think will do an upper body workout at the gym, but we'll see. I may do a run. I'll keep you posted!

Everyday, I log my food and workouts on fitday. I took a look at the my calendar since I started Dukan, and I have done some form of exercise every day with the exception of last Thurs/Fri. That is 5Km bare minimum! I'm fairly stoked about that!

Next week is the Lung Run 5K. I'd like to run it, but I'm so broke right now, that I don't think I'll be able to find the $25 to donate to charity in order to run. It's a shame really.

I also want to run the Bluenose 10K in May, and it is $55. I'm a little worried about that too - and I HAVE TO run it! I'll have to work on saving my pennies!!

POST SCRIPT!
Ended up doing a 2.5 mile run. Not a biggie, but a good one!! And then I got called back into work! No dinner yet!


Also made a 'protein cake' with protien, pumpkin, egg whites and cocoa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment