Friday 22 April 2011

Woman, Food and God

Had a beautiful day today. Woke up on my own terms, drove down to work to drop off my baked goods (sugar cookies, and oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies - which I didn't take a picture of, as obviously - it's not for us Dukaners). There were so many luscious treats there, all of which I avoided (but let's be honest, I didn't have any cash on me, or I would have been in heaps of trouble).

From there I headed to the library, and checked out two books.
1) Women, Food, and God - by Geneen Roth
2) Crave - by Cynthia Bulk

For a long time, I have avoided buying/reading Women, Food, and God - primarily because of the word God in the title. I'm not a religious person by nature, and didn't think I would be able to relate someone relating God to food. However, so many people have told me that it isn't about that - so I thought I would give it a chance. And I have to say, I'm half way through, and it's really good. I hope I can take a lot from it, and perhaps write some sort of synopsis/review for the blog. I can relate to a lot of what she has to say so far - as I'm sure we all could. Have any of you read it?


After the library, I went to the gym. My chest is not completely back to normal, so no running as of yet. I did 45 minutes on the bike, while reading. I always find this difficult, as my hands are all sweaty, my back starts hurting, I drop the book. But the book is captivating, so it made the time fly.

Did a bit of grocery shopping. Then hit the mall with a friend. I'm broke, so all I bought was a Mother's Day card for my mama. Practically started bawling while I was reading them all. Truly, my mother is the most amazing person - and I hope she realizes that. For all of you mothers out there, I think you have the most important job in the world - and it ain't an easy one!!


Anywho, that's it for now.


We're going to watch Paranormal Activity!!! Scary!!!

2 comments:

  1. If you are brave enough to watch Paranormal Activity then there is really no sugary treat you can't say no to Heather!
    I don't even dare asking more info about the plot of that movie let alone watching it :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was scary!!! However, when faced with anything chocolate, I'm such a coward!

    ReplyDelete