Sunday 3 April 2011

Week One of Ten K Training

One week accomplished!! In exactly seven weeks from today - the Bluenose Marathon will take place. I will be (if I can come up with the money for donation/registration) partaking in the 10K leg of the journey. Last week I started an 8 week training program. I've never been very good at sticking to an exercise 'schedule' as I generally like winging it, and doing what I feel like; if I feel like running, I run. If I feel like doing weights, I do weights, etc. So, if I drop out because one day I don't feel up to it, that's alright with me (this is my disclaimer to myself). It's truly not about lack of motivation in the big picture. Just on a daily basis (haha). Anyhow - I'm going to try this out. I know I can run 10K, as I've done it before, on my own. However, I thought that since this is my first 10K race - I might as well give 'er.

Week One:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 2 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 2 miles
Saturday: 3.25 miles

I completed it, and it was pretty easy. I switched Monday for Tuesday by accident. I'll check in again next Sunday to let you know if I stuck to it or not!

And just to let you know - thank you dear readers! I'm 2 away from my 1000 page view ever! In 6 weeks, I've gotten almost 1000 page views! You guys are awesome! I'm so glad that I started the blog thing, as I love reading everyone elses' - so it's a pleasure to be part of the community!

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: Oatbran with cottage cheese
Lunch: hamburgers (just the meat! beef and chicken)
Dinner: hamburgers again!
Snacks, or later meals (I'm on night shift again!): yogurt, salad, burgers

Exercise:
3.25 miles

PS - I made it to over 1000 readers in just 6 weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment