Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunday in Bed

I got to sleep in today (as I always do when I work that evening's night shift). The rest of the day was spent in the exact same spot. So nice! We watched 'Temple Grandin', which is a great movie (for an HBO special) and I highly recommend it. We snoozed a little bit in the late afternoon, and then I got up, prepared my lunch, and went to the gym.

I did better today, and although I'm still hacking my brains out (mostly at night:(), I felt a lot better. I made it the whole hour without making anyone throw up or throw daggers my way. And perfectly, it stopped raining just as it was time for me to walk to work. I hate coming from the gym all sweaty, only to go outside and get wet. NOT GOOD FOR A COLD, I'm sure.

My co-worker (the one that's lost all the weight) showed up with an XL Timmies (which is coffee for those non-Canadians out there) with skim milk and sweetener. God love her.

Today's Eats:
Breakfast: XL timmies, oatbran/wheatbran and cottage cheese
(that's it so far, but this is what I brought in my lunch bag)
- greens (spinach, lettuce, etc) and cucumbers
- a big thing of banana/strawberry yogurt with 1 gram of sugar, and zero fat (yes dairy - I went back for now)
- cottage cheese
- left over spaghetti squash
(which was amazing, by the way! I took a snapshot of it, and will post sooner than later).
- green beans
- can of chicken

Today's Workout
30 minute Lower body workout (squats, deadlifts, lunges, etc) and some abs
30 minutes on the Precor.

Does it look like I'm back in the game? I hope so. I at least want to get my weight back down to what it was - prior to the next 'biggest loser challenge' at work. That starts next Thursday (after Easter). We're having a bake sale this Thursday, and I'm making oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. I know. I'm crazy. Watch me try not to eat them.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck- staying on a diet while feeling ill is tough.

    I'm getting back onto Dukan this week. I actually had a lot of luck the first ten days I was on the diet, but then I fell off the wagon with an Easter candy binge. I think the most difficult part of all of this is all of the prep work and cooking. Like your post about the can opener said, if you're not prepared, you're stuck.

    I've managed to maintain 4 of the 5 pounds I lost, so I want to get back on track. Best of luck- I can't wait to see more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on maintaining the loss! I think my problem was I had a wee bit of a binge, which led to a whole week of eating off plan completely (and I mean completely!). That coupled with not working out - I really fell off the wagon!! But hopefully I'm back on track! Thanks for the encouragement! And I'll do my best with the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing is to keep getting up when you fall. Well done for your perseverance. It will pay off… That is the guarantee of doing the dukan diet if you persevere.
    And like your squash spaghetti recipe please.
    More greasy elbows and keep at it. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Piscean!
    I'm trying!! I'll keep at it. I did well yesterday, and I'm going strong today.
    For the spaghetti squash - it's the same recipe as in the top right corner of the blog. However, this time I used the RIGHT squash - which is the winter spaghetti squash. When it's finished roasting, you just cut it open, take out the 'guts' and shred the squash with a fork, which makes it look like spaghetti squash. Yummy! You should try it! I've got more for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete