Monday 25 April 2011

Short Post, Short Day!!!

Warning: boring post!

Today flew by! Walked with the doggy and boy, and then continued on to the gym (5Km walk - with a bit of running, but had a big backpack on my shoulders, so running was tough). Then I did 40 minutes lower body workout. Killed my legs, with lots of squats, lunges, etc - and will no doubt feel it tomorrow. I increased my weights (which were down from when I was sick) and felt great, as though I could lift a lot with ease.

After that, hit the mall and 'Le Costco'. Stocked up on protein and salad for the week. Still a whole turkey in the fridge. I think my mother thought I was crazy cooking a 20lbs turkey for two people, but we'll get it into us! I have to make the turkey soup too - but it takes so long, that I'm scared. I put the carcus (I hate that word, makes we want to be a vegetarian) in the freezer, so hopefully it will be okay.

Then I went out to dinner, came home, took a bath - will make dinner for my hubby and go to bed!!

Very, very boring post. I apologize, but I like to post for my own sake of keeping a journal. Making it a habit! It's one thing I haven't had a problem staying on track with! That, and reading everyone else's'!

2 comments:

  1. Go ahead... Dare to become vegetarian or vegan! My wife and I did and have never looked back. Oh? What did we do with all of the animal flesh and carcasses in our freezer? We made our carnivorous neighbors a very happy family! They got tons of beef, pork, chicken, fish, scallop, crab, etc.

    Take it from a happy old man... drop the meat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chucky! I admire your passion! Vegetarianism is something I may one day practice, but not for now. I do try to eat free range if possible, and I like to have one veggie day a week (prior to the Dukan). I should incorporate that again - and have tofu and such!

    ReplyDelete