Thursday 28 April 2011

And the Prize for gaining the most weight over Easter goes to....

Guess!
So, we all know that I took quite the hiatus from Dukan for about 2-3 weeks, while sick, and then over Easter break....so this is no surprise to me at all. In fact, over the last 3 weeks, I've been mores slack with my exercise (until last Friday, when I restarted) than I have been in about 7 or 8 years. I was eating crap, and not just 'non-dukan' food, but plain out crap. So it's no surpirse. It's no surprise. I do not feel guilty. I do not feel ashamed. This is life sometimes, and what is most important (so long as I don't live my entire life losing and gaining the same 10 pounds) - is that I get back on that horse. Which I have.

I weighed in at the official start to the biggest loser challenge today. I did drink a bunch of water right before weighing in (because come on! it is a contest - who didn't do that???). My waist measurements were 28.5inches (what were they at the end of the last challenge??), and I weighed in at 159lbs. This is actually 1 pound heavier than when I started Dukan. Not so good. I will weigh in once a week, on Thursdays - for all of those who want to hear about my circus life on the scale.

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: oatbran porridge w/ yogurt
Lunch: Salad w/ cucumbers and turkey and ground beef
Snack: tuna 'salad' (salt and pepper and cream cheese)
Dinner: My hubby is currently making 'Dak Kalbi' which as I'm sure I've mentioned is a Korean dish, made with spicy pepper paste, cabbage and chicken (and rice, but I won't eat that part). It has 1tbsp of honey in the entire recipe, but I'll allow that:)

Exercise: Walked about 30 minutes.
Going to the gym, think I'll do a FitMix class!

4 comments:

  1. I have found your blog via another blog, and I hope to go back and catch up. I've read a few of your first posts, and there are definitely some things I can easily relate to in your tale (though I thoroughly wish it was the 6 years abroad part...)

    I have just begun the Dukan Diet, and I am blogging in a way to keep myself accountable (http://thisdukandietthing.blogspot.com/). Good luck in your new contest and journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that you should weigh every morning with out fail.....never ever allow a morning to go with out getting on your scale.....even if you have failed terribly the day before, get on the scale and face it fast... You cannot afford to "cheat even a little bit"..ex honey......and I think you need to eat way more protein so you are never hungry.....I believe sticking to the eating plan has much bigger results than increasing exercise.....Those were the old ways.....with Dukan you can live on this plan for ever. Quit thinking of it as a diet but more as a healthy life choice....You can do it....I know, you just need an attitude change and not feel that you are missing out on something but that whole can of tuna with onion or Dukan mayo and dill is what you want for lunch....Keep altering those PV and PP days...but eat massive amounts.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, and welcome! I checked out your blog and it looks like you are doing great. Good job! And go for the abroad thing! It's awesome!

    Hi Cheryl, and thanks for stopping by again. And congrats on the weightloss! As for weighing in everyday - trust me, it's not good for me, and I know this. Part of me would like to toss the scale completely. My weight vascilates so much in a day or two (it can change up to 5lbs when 'not cheating') and it screws with my mind. I'm neurotic. I can't do it. It will hurt me in the long run. Even when I was at my ideal weight, It still made me cry and shout. Once a week is enough for me. Maybe too much! But it keeps me in line somewhat. And as for being able to afford to cheat - I'm not looking at it like that. I'm doing a 'modified plan' and I realize there are some people that won't agree with that - and I say that their journey is their journey. Mine is my own. I don't feel like zero carbs is good for me right now, and it causes me to want them more and more, and not the good kinds. People can say, if you stick at it long enough, you stop craving them. And maybe they do - but I've done (in the past) months and months of no carbs, and it's never went away. It just gets worse. Maybe that makes me weak in the eyes of others, but I will own it. I agree that the eating plan has better results than exercise, but being skinny isn't my entire goal. My goal is to be fit, run races, have fun with athletic friends (and look hot the whole time! Haha). I'm not looking at it as a diet, I'm looking at is as trying to find a way of eating that works for me. Cut the sugar, cut the crap. Eat lots of protein (at least my body weight in grams - so plus 150grams). Eat veggies. Fuel my workouts with healthy carbs. Don't cut carbs enough that one bite of something that makes my body/mind rebel. And I have a HUGE appetite. Try 3 cans of tuna! I'm going to try this for awhile. Stay tuned:) Maybe you're completely right - but I have to try it my way first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you all know.....

    I do appreciate the opinions of others, so keep them coming! I don't want to seem like I'm not listening, I am. I love the comments, and love to hear about others success, and what you all think!!

    ReplyDelete