Sunday 29 May 2011

Sunday Sunday....Stay forever!

Ever since I was a kid, I have endured those Sunday night blues. The feeling that the weekend has passed you by, and you have a huge, long week glaring at you just beyond the horizon. It makes me queasy, and anxious. It makes me restless, and gives me insomnia. It makes me stare at the clock, trying desperately to hold it still in one place. It makes me think of all the different excuses I can come up with for staying home the next day. And then Monday comes, and it is never as bad as I dreamt it to be. But how the weekend goes by so quickly. You blink and its gone.

This weekend, with the exception of grocery shopping - I did not leave the house. No walking, no running, no galavanting. Today I hit the P90X YogaX, and that was it for the exercise all weekend. Recovery week is finis. It's done. And now onto a weight lifting week - FUN! I actually am looking forward to it. This week was good, and my legs feel better (at least today). Yoga gave them the much needed stretching they required.

As for food, I've been alright. Last nights spaghetti squash made a reappearance in my eggs this morning. And it will probably reappear tonight, with some more turkey sausage or chicken.

I did spend the afternoon making 'cake-pops', which turned out great. I took pics, and will post them at a later time. They are purple with purple sparkles. I made them for the bake sale coming up this Friday and will store them in the fridge until then. I did have one. What? It fell!

My goal is to be good until June 10th - which is my dear hubby's birthday. I'm thinking Mongolian that night, but that's not unhealthy! But there will be cake. Oh yes, there will be cake.

2 comments:

  1. victoria_adrianna30 May 2011 at 16:49

    Hey Heather,

    this P90X sounds so good but I have no where in my house to do it.

    I've also given up on the Dukan, this forum has been down for like a week anyway. I realised how much it warped my thinking, not good for someone who has a terrible relationship with food. Thinking that fruit was the enemy isn't healthy! So I have decided just to do what I did before where I maintained my weight for like 5 months...just eating healthy! With the Dukan if I came off it for like 3 days I gained half a stone!

    Anyway, ramble over with! I'm keeping check of what you are up to, inspirational stuff!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria!! I had tried to get on the forum, but to no avail. As you can tell from the blog, I've not been 'dukaning' it either (bad choice for a blog name, in retrospect!). You were doing great, and I'm sure you'll continue to do great while incorporating healthy food (like fruit and whatnot) into your lifestyle. You're right about it warping thinking. I've been having A LOT of issues with food lately, and have been having so much trouble getting on track. As for P90X, you really just need a small space. I will have the same problem come September, when I give up my 'basement apartment' to the tenant we're getting. I'll have to move some furniture around! It is great though. I definitely recommend it. Even my hubby is doing it now!! And he hasn't worked out in years, and loves it!

    ReplyDelete