Wednesday 25 May 2011

Another Day, Another Workout.....

Sometimes I feel like I do not have a life beyond working and working out. And having my husband bite my ass. I don't mean this metaphorically. And now I have two basset hounds on the bed trying to get in on my blog as well. As you can tell...I feel like I do not have too much to write today.

While playing trivial the other night over a glass of wine, I was completely zoned out. I looked  at my hubby and thought aloud..."I wonder how long it would take me to do laundry if you died." He laughed so hard he spat out his wine and had to run and write it down. I don't do laundry nearly enough. In fact, I've lived in this house 2 years, and I've never done it once. Pretty special, eh?! He does it all. And to be honest, he probably doesn't do it enough either. I'm definitely known for reusing my gym clothes. Including socks on occasion. Pretty nasty. But that's who I am. Just putting it out there for you all to see.

Today I did my CardioX and walked 5Km. I actually feel like the days I do the Cardio DVD, I 'don't workout'. Not that it is easy, but it's only 45 minutes. Much of which is doing a form of yoga. But it's great, and a good rest. This week is 'recovery week' so my body is starting to feel like I haven't been killing myself for the past month. I truly think this is needed. I feel like my brain is even healing!

My diet has been good (always good through the week it seems). I ate way to many blueberries (yes, I am aware this is not Dukan - but I won't even claim to say I'm doing that right now). Blueberries are not the worse thing in the world. In fact, they are apparently one of the best - so cheers to me!

I'm a little down about my size at the moment - someone called me 'chubby' today, yet fit. What an insult! I was taken right back to highschool and almost cried like a school girl. But then I just kicked the sH#* out them. Haha. Just kidding. I did throw a roll of tape at him though:)

3 comments:

  1. If chubby looks like you then chubby is great. I understand you want to tone things up a bit and that is fine but you are really nowhere near chubby.

    I am done with Dukan. There I said it!
    It's been going in my head for days now how not healthy this diet I have been on since January is. Yes I lost a lot of weight and I am almost done with cruise but cmon. There is nothing healthy about all that meat and my relationship with food is heading towards weirdo-unhealthy state.
    I bought the 17 day diet book read a lot about it while on Dukan and finally decided to do it and lose the last kilos instead of Dukan. It includes fruit and fibers and starts up with fish and poultry not all that nasty meat.
    To be honest though I did gain something from the Dukan and now I know what to really avoid combining etc.
    So tomorrow morning I will join you in that blueberries treat as I will have the for breakfast!
    It almost sounds like a dream :D I haven't had any fruit the last 5 months. It is crazy and really really not healthy.
    Blueberries here I come!

    /rant off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, pretty sure you're not chubby! And I completely cracked up at the laundry comment. I realize that was not the intent, but I have also been known to have "left-field" thoughts/comments when I am bone-tired or stressed!

    I look forward to your experience with the 17 Day. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luddi! I love your 'rant'!! I feel the same way! Do you have a blog? You totally should if you don't! Did you like your blueberries?

    Hi Anne! I'm always out in left field! Especially when I'm tired!!!

    ReplyDelete