Wednesday 4 May 2011

Okay, So I truly am Crazy! And P90X Day 4 - YogaX!!

So I got back on the scale today - and it's back down to what it was. I am truly crazy. LET THIS BE A REMINDER TO MYSELF - DO NOT FLIP OUT COMPLETELY WHEN YOU GAIN FIVE POUNDS OVERNIGHT!!! But you know I will..... This just goes to show you that the scale can not be relied on completely. For some people, yes - their weight does not oscillate as much. But others, like myself - can gain and lose 5lbs overnight. My friend, who is pregnant, has gained one pound, and she is almost four months. Literally, her weight doesn't change an iota on the scale from morning to night. It's also hard for her to lose, but she doesn't seem to gain easily either. Me, on the other hand, well if I HAD to, I could drop 12 in a week (which I've done - in a very unhealthy manner) - or probably gain it too. Which I'm sure I've done. I've just blocked it out of my memory, so far down that even Freud couldn't find it!

Why do I pander to this machine, catering to that metal piece of sh#$%. Why do I let it set me into a fervour of self loathing? Or why do I let it make me feel like I'm queen of the world - for sweating out 3lbs of water in workout. And I completely know that I will continue to let it dictate everything, but I'm progressing. I'm down to once or twice a week. Okay, maybe three times. What can I say? I'm neurotic!

On to better things....Today I did the Yoga from P90X, and loved it. It was 1.5hrs, which was slightly too long, but only because I was worried about the time. If I had all day, it would have been superb! I still completed it, and felt wonderful!! So lanky and stretched out, no muscles hurting. And the frog pose - my love - that was fantastic!! I love the way Yoga makes my body feel - and I should get back into it. I love Hot Yoga. If you've never tried, I highly recommend it! I gotta sign up for some classes. The place in Halifax offers a $20 deal, which gets your 'first' month unlimited. However, the price after that skyrockets. I should just put a sauna in my house! Okay, wait...that would be way more expensive!!

Today's Eats: SPOT ON!
Breakfast: yogurt and protein
Snack: Oatbran w/ protein and yogurt
Lunch: (not eaten yet) canned turkey with egg creations
Dinner: (") canned turkey with egg creations

Workout:
YogaX: 1.5hurs
5Km walk to work (in the rain - and I was still smiling). (and I hadn't weighed myself yet!!!)

What are your thoughts on Yoga? Do you love it? Hate it? Consider it a waste of  'exercise time'?
My hubby always says he'd rather get a 'real workout' than do that. Mind you, he's never tried, and I'm sure it would kill him!!

2 comments:

  1. :) I hear you! I also have the P90X workouts, and I'm looking forward to beginning them in about another month. Glad the scales are cooperating again! Do you mind if I ask what an egg creation is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne!
    Egg creations are essentially eggs in a box. However, they are lower in fat than natural eggs. I think they are primarily egg whites, with some sort of flavouring. They are delicious though. You can get them in different flavours (cheese and chives, mexican, natural) and they are low in calories, zero carbs, low fat, high protein! What more can you ask for???

    ReplyDelete