Sunday 22 May 2011

The Scotia Bank Bluenose Marathon

The Bluenose Marathon is for EVERYONE, they have such a diverse group of runners, of all speeds, all shapes, all distances. On Saturday, they had a 4.2K Youth Run for the little guys, and today they had a 5K, a 10K, a half-marathon, and a full Marathon. It is a huge fundraiser, and SOOOOO many people show up. I'm not sure what the turn out was as of yet, but I'm guessing 10000 plus. It is quite spectacular!

This morning, my friend's husband drove us down and dropped us off. It was freezing out (a balmy 6 degrees I think), windy, and cloudy. Perfect for running actually. Not so perfect for waiting to run, but I digress. On my way to the race, I realized, I left my bib (and time chip) at home - but it was way to late to go back. So I just ran with my friend (which was the plan anyhow - she's a great pacer), and assume we had the same time. 

The first 2KM were easy peasy. I felt like the wind itself, without a care in the world. I had great music pumping through my mp3, and the crowd was so motivating. About 3Km in to it, I got a stitch, and had to slow down a wee bit, but I got through it. We ended up coming in at about 32:19 minutes. However, it took us almost 2 minutes at the beginning to even start running, as the crowd was so massive. So I would say it took just over 1/2 an hour. Better than last year's time, but not my personal best. But it was great, and so much fun, and that is what is most important. 

I got a Medal!!! (for participation of course!)


Now I got one more workout to do today (and we walked 5K home as well....so I'm doing great with the exercise!. )

Now back to good eating for the week! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I do have to ask though..why on earth are you dieting? You look amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Luddi Thank you!! I'm pretty happy when I've got lots of clothes on!! But you have to see me in a bikini! Or even a one piece for that matter! And keep in mind, that is a size L shirt! But thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete