Monday 21 February 2011

Day One: Attack!!!!

My food and fitness

Not a bad day overall. I chose to start the Dukan when I was going into my night shifts. I tend to go crazy a bit on nights. Feeding frenzy. I hunt for cereal in my friend's cubbies. I raid the fridge for anything sweet. I never bring money, so the vending machines are off limits. I thought it would be good way to start - eat what I want - just all protein! Get my  nights out of the way!

On the Dukan, I can eat most meat (no duck, no skin - no problem), seafood, and fat free dairy products. Eggs are limited to 2, but egg whites are free for the taking. I'm curious about egg beaters. What's the deal there? And whey protein? I really need to buy the book!


FOOD LOG: ATTACK DAY ONE

Meal 1:  1 egg, with some left over chicken

Meal 2:  1 Tbsp Oatbran, with whey protein (carb free) and a cup cottage cheese (nonfat).
Meal 3:  Peanut Satay tuna (don't ask - it looks like cat food, and it isn't much better....not that I've tried.....)
Meal 4:  Can of Normal tuna (in H20) with one egg and lotsa pepper!
Meal 5: 1 cup Greek Yogurt with vanilla whey protein (yum!)

*the night is not over....so may have some more somethin' somethin'. Cottage cheese or yogurt. I will make more chicken for tomorrow night. Or Tilapia.

Also had copious amounts of water. Three cups coffee with milk (skim). Three cups tea with milk (skim).

FITNESS LOG: ATTACK DAY ONE

10km Run on the treadmill. Woohoo! This is somewhat abnormal for me. I usually do 5km, and to be honest, have been slacking this past week. I felt so motivated, starting something new, that it completely inspired me to kick some butt. It was an awesome run, and I feel fantastic having started this week/this plan on the right note.

Possibly will do this: 5km walk home. Not sure what the weather will be like (could be a snow fall coming our way - you never know in Canada!).

No comments:

Post a Comment