Saturday 26 February 2011

About Yesterday, and a Formal Introduction

Can you believe I actually ate 1581 calories! I'm not complaining - just didn't see that coming. I guess I was hungry from the killer workout.

I'm torn with whether or not to pay any attention to calories. Dukan says, eat however much you want. However - you'd assume, if you ate 3000 calories of protein, you just wouldn't lose any weight. Unless you're running marathons, or have a lot more weight to lose.

Now, I'm not worried whatsoever about 1581 calories. I know - that's not bad, and probably what my body needs (or less) anyhow. I'm just noting it, as it is the first day this week that has been much above 1200 really. Even if I ate 2000 calories, I wouldn't be upset - it just surprised me; how much a workout can build up an appetite.

Speaking of workouts, my body is in so much strife today. I can barely walk downstairs. I wonder how other Dukaners who workout regularly (before and after starting) feel about their muscle recovery without carbs. Generally speaking, after working out, I would have a protein/carb mix. That would also be when I would eat my 'fast burning' carbs, as advised by so many fitness gurus. Once I'm on consolidation - I will try to arrange to have my sandwich post workout. And my celebration meals before a 10K run!

Oh, and I thought I might try to add a pic today - to introduce you all to myself.



SO this is me! Hi! I'm Heather. This pic was taken 7 years ago, but I look pretty much the same. Plus 15 pounds. And a lot more grey hair, but hey - it's black and white! But I've always used this as my 'avatar' if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment