Thursday 24 February 2011

Cruising: Day 2 and Pedometer addiction

Addiction
Crack Cocaine. Facebook. Cigarettes. Chocolate. These are things people could be addicted to. I have to admit, I've had my moments with chocolate (far too many really, and it's an everyday battle). I've even had my battles with cigarettes. Facebook? I'm on it, but I'm not addicted. And I don't necessarily think facebook is a bad thing to be addicted to - unless you're posting how often you pee, or that you slept with your boyfriend's brother. then, maybe it's something you should work on slowing down with.


But there are good addictions. Do you have an addictive personality? I do. To certain things. But my latest one, is a good one! What is it? The pedometer. You see, last summer, I joined a 'biggest loser' competition at work. I actually came in 2nd place, losing 19 pounds over 12 weeks. Not bad. However, they didn't want people to just starve themselves, or eat asparagus and jello all day. They wanted us to move. So we all got pedometers. If you got over 10000 steps a day, you got a ballot in the final draw. Well, I was obsessed with this. I had to have a ballot for everyday, and I was going to win (tickets to a movie. i know. big deal). I pretty much had the 10000 covered. On days where I exercised, I walked alot. It was easy. But on the days that I didn't - it was hard to reach 5000. I still got more ballots than anyone - but eventually (the next challenge), I started challenging myself. I had to get that 10000 - no matter what. 3 challenges in now - and I'm not happy with less than 100,000 steps a week. And I've been successful for the last 6 (although two weeks I was short about a 1000, the other weeks I was way over - so it balances!). It's crazy though. I check it constantly. My husband laughs, as at times I've left home (walking to work) only to be back 10 minutes later because I forgot the silly thing. I'm always checking to make sure it's working. One day I walked around shopping for hours, and it said that I did 2000 steps. I was so angry. No more stiff jeans! They won't let it count my moves. The jeans have been in the closet ever since. I plan my outfits around the pedometer. I'm going to win this challenge!! It's still an odds game, but they are in my favour! Even without the contest at work, I'll still wear it. It's a keeper. I wonder if I should get a BodyBugg? Anyone have one?

As for today: Day 2 Cruise!

Stats:
Starting Weight: 158lbs or 71.8kg
After One Day of Cruise: 154.4lbs or 70.18

How's that? Is that good or bad? Not sure. Is that the result of eating spinach instead of just protein? Weird. I'm not worried, it will come off no doubt.
Meals:
M1: egg beaters and cottage cheese w/ pepper
M2: yogurt
M3: oatbran with protein
M4: beef/tuna burgers with poached eggs. Yummy!

Approximate Calories: 1117, 60% from protein.

Exercise: 5Km walk to work, 5Km walk home (taking it easy, because it's so beautiful outside!)

I have a long weekend, and I am so excited (slash exhausted!).

H

No comments:

Post a Comment