Monday 20 June 2011

A Weekend of Gluttony

Woah, what a weekend.

I had a beautiful weekend away, back to my hometown. The weather was amazing - literally it was about 15 degrees warmer, and not a cloud in the sky. Gorgeous. Seriously.
I got to see so many friends, family, loved ones. All of which, of course, required food and drinks. And for all of those who feel that life can be celebrated without the previously mentioned fare - well, I have to applaud you. I honestly think I wouldn't have had the time I had, without the beauty of all that food.

Some of the food was very healthy. I made beautiful salads, and we had barbequed meats and veggies. Asparagus like you wouldn't believe. But, there was also cakes, and dips, and caesars, and ice cream. Spread over 5 days. And I don't feel bad. Mind you, I haven't weighed myself, and do not plan to. Yikes. Tomorrow is another day...

Yes, tomorrow is back to the raw food. I'm thinking all raw, with some chicken and fish thrown in from time to time, if I am missing the protein. I tell you, after 10 days raw - my tummy was thrown for a loop. And I completely agree with the whole meat digestion theory behind raw. My belly felt awful. I only ate meat twice. In small portions. I did have my spinach smoothies for breakie, and tried to eat more veggies than anything. But tomorrow - I'm back to eating right.

Everyone needs some sanity in their lives. That was my sanity. I feel sane. Give me a few days....

1 comment:

  1. I agree -- there's something about food that holds a lot of meaning & adds so much joy to gatherings with friends and family...

    ReplyDelete