Wednesday 22 June 2011

Hard to Get Back On Track

Hey little birdies, how's it going?

I've been feeling good, and trying to get back on track. It's a slow process!
I was so sleepy from the weekend, that I didn't workout on Monday, then on Tuesday I did a half a$$ workout - but today I finally hit it correctly. I have walked 5K everyday (actually Monday I walked 10K, but walking doesn't do much for me in terms of keeping me at all in shape). It was good to get back in the game. My joints and muscles are so stiff, I'm walking like I'm 80. Blah. Imagine what I'll feel like then!

As for food, same deal. I haven't been eating unhealthy at all, but I'm not back at the raw thing just yet. A few days of gluttony really throws me for a loop. I'm still really bloated and puffy. Yesterday I had subway (not terrible, but not good either - no matter what that guy from the commercials says). Today, one of the doctors took me out for dinner, and I had an amazing meal of 'Caribou Island Asparagus with beet greens and almonds'. It was soooo good, I wish I had my camera with me to show you how pretty it was. Very healthy (not raw - but really - come on!). Otherwise, breakie was raw (banana and blueberries), and dinner will be salad too. I did have two candy lollipops. And I had some of someone's strawberry rhubarb.

Did you know that there was such a thing as 'strawberry rhubarb'? I always thought that 'strawberry rhubarb pie' was just rhubarb and strawberries!! The things you learn!!!

Anyhow, off for dinner. And maybe a bath. But no epsom salts; all out! Boo.

3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ, but rhubarb is just rhubarb, it looks like pinkish celery and is bitter as hell! That's why it's almost always served with a sweeter fruit/berry. We have some in our country house garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/varieties

    Check it out! The 'strawberry rhubarb' is a lot sweeter, and not so bitter. I'd never heard of it, but my goodness - so good! We have the bitter stuff in our garden back home as well. Lots of sugar and it's good. Or splenda:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. That seems sort of like cheating, calling it strawberry rhubarb. However, every pie named strawberry rhubarb that I've seen actually does have strawberries. Even better though is raspberry rhubarb pie and spread, no confusion there!

    ReplyDelete