Saturday 11 June 2011

Not Really Wanting the Birthday Goodies

Yesterday we had the staff retreat (aka food indulgent 8 hour staff meeting), followed by my hubby's birthday evening. I tell you, there was food out the yinyang. Everything from fresh carrot muffins to the chocolateyest chocolate cake you could possibly imagine. With ice cream.

How did I do? I tell, you I gave myself all the freedom in the world. Eat what I want. And you know what? I didn't really want it. I did partake. I had one of our director's best cookies ever. I had two actually. I ate a pile of fruit, with a bit of granola. I did have a small slice of cake. A few little sandwiches corners. For dinner, with my hubby I indulged in a subway sandwich (I know, what a ridiculous birthday dinner) and a small slice of the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake I made him. But I didn't really enjoy any of it. And this was huge for me. I could have completely pigged out/binged (and to some of you, it may seem like I did), but I really just had what I thought I wanted, and then stopped. I had three 'St. Ambroise Apricot beer' (which is too die for by the way - that I could have had more of:). But I never 'stuffed myself' and this morning, I'm completely excited to carry on with the raw food thing. I'm not craving. It did not spike my cravings, or throw me off the wagon. I swear, for the first time in my life - I think I may have found my groove.

The way I'm looking at it is this; On a normal day (everyday, day to day) I will eat raw. This will comprise most of my lifestyle. On the random days where I go to someone's house for dinner, or my hubby wants something special together, I will indulge, and eat at least as close to vegetarian/vegan as I can.  I'm not laying down any restrictions, and just going to go with my gut.

The best thing from this week. My digestive system is working. Better than it has in my memory. Especially yesterday and this morning. My body acted like 'Hey! I don't want this food in me at all' and just got rid of it. Sorry for TMI. But I feel so good about it, and am excited to carry on with this way of living.

There's this part of me that thinks I'm completely full of S$#%. I know that I always get super excited about things, and then when things get tough (in life) I bail. But I'm really not worried, and going to go with how good I'm feeling right now. Carry on with my green smoothies, and amazing veggie/sprout salads. As soon as money comes in, I'm going to buy some kind of food processor or juicer, and try to expand my menu some. I don't feel like this is completely necessary at this time, as I'm completely satisfied at the moment.

So there you go. This is me today. This is hopefully me for a long time now!

1 comment:

  1. That's the attitude!! I can tell that you're doing well and that you're happy and content! That's very important in any diet journey. Keep it up (not the indulging part ;)) - But keep up that great spirit of yours. Your head is in the right place. Good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete