Tuesday 7 June 2011

4 days, Going Strong

Four days into Raw Food, and I feel great. I feel (and maybe this is WAY to early to say this) that I'm craving less sweets. I guess the fruit is enough for my palate. I've been eating lots of veggies, sprouts, fruit (bananas, strawberries, pineapple) and some nuts for protein. Last night, when dinner time came, I can honestly say I wasn't that hungry. This is big for me. Mind you, had there been a huge pizza in front of me, I'm sure the hunger would have kicked in. That hasn't dissipated just yet. Something tells me a raw pizza would be more difficult to make than the dukan pizza. But, I'm doing well. And then maybe it's because i know that I'm only doing it for a week at first that helps me take it day by day. But I do love the green smoothies. The salads I've been making are out of this world (which makes me wonder why I wasn't more inventive with salads on Dukan. I mean, all I would have had to do is throw the meat in! Mind you, I like the added texture of the nuts, and dried cranberries. It's a nice touch. And sunflower seeds! Yummmm!

Working out is good as always. Yesterday, I was crazy busy and didn't fit in my 'core synergistic' workout. So, I set my alarm for 5am and got my lazy a$$ out of bed and did it this morning. THIS IS A HUGE FIRST FOR ME....and sadly a last:). I don't think I can handle working out that early, unless it was a run or yoga. Anything that requires my muscles to act in a co-ordinated manner - just cannot be done at that ungodly hour. But I did it. I skipped the 'dreya roll' as it was WAY too much for my dizzy brain. But that's okay. I do it every other week no problem, just cannot be done at 5am!

Tonight I have my CardioX, and then a whole lot of work to do. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow -- congrats on doing so well with the Raw Food diet! Eating only raw foods sounds a lot harder than the Dukan diet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, it's similar in a lot of ways - just swap meat for fruit! Haha. I find my energy level is better, but I think I had a lot of issues with digestion on Dukan (see earlier pages in my blog), and so far, so good with the raw plan.

    Mind you, this is all new to me....and I'm known to get REALLY excited about things when I first start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    this is something that I think I need to do! Going on holiday soon and cannot for the life of me stop eating cereal!! My diet is alright, but a bowl of cereal occurs several times a day!

    What are the 'rules' of this raw thing?

    Sounds like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my problem! Except it wasn't cereal - it was anything carb related! So now, I feel somewhat less tempted to have it, and still get my fruit. Quite satisfying (mind you, like I said - it's only one week, and I'm so optimistic short term:)

    No real rules, except eat raw. I mean, you can get into food combining, and more specifics if you want to, which I may down the road - but not for now. Check out www.kristensraw.com for info. It's really good. And keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete