Thursday 9 June 2011

Sore Hip Flexors

Ouch!! My hip flexors are killing me. I just want to be either constantly moving, or sitting in the splits with my legs elevated. I don't know if it is from walking so much in crappy shoes, or is it from yoga? Not sure. You'd think yoga would help, but Non! It did not. I'm screaming for epsom salts (and I don't have any....boohoo).

But alas, the day is over. My work is done. Tomorrow is 'retreat day' at work (which is really another word for an 8 hour staff meeting, but with food. No raw tomorrow (or rather, some raw, but some treats as well!). And then my baby's (husband I mean) birthday. I'm making a raspberry cheesecake for his dessert. And now he wants subway. I mean, really - who wants Subway on their birthday. This is the guy that eats sandwiches every day. Why on earth would you want subway? Why not a fancy meal? Or if not fancy, something more hearty at least. Jeesh. But it's his day, so he gets what he wants. He is a man of simple tastes (except when it comes to woman I hope!!).

Just to let you know....raw food still going strong. Feel HIGH, HIGH energy. Skin looking good. Thinking even my hair is softer, but that's because I'm crazy. Did my P90X everyday so far this week. I'm being so disciplined with life I can't recognize myself. Woohoo!!!

Oh, and by the way - to all you P90Xers out there, I DO NOT KNOW how you get through the shoulders/chest/tri workout. I'm almost depleted after the first set of push-ups. Scratch the almost!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Dukan diet (so far -- it's only been a week haha), but I'm so curious about the raw foods diet. Could you describe what you eat in a typical day? Do you ever eat sushi, or do you mainly eat veggies & fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this would be a typical day;
    Breakfast: Green Smoothie (varies, but includes usually 3 cups of spinach and various fruits)
    Lunch: Veggie/sprout salad - I usually try to avoid lettuce/spinach in this salad, just so I make sure to add variety. I sprinkle nuts in it as well (soy nuts, almonds, and possible an apple).
    Dinner: Another salad, usually pretty close to lunch.
    Snacks: apples, nuts, carrots, any fruit really....turnip,

    It's not that crazy right now. I think If I were doing it permanently, or more long term, I would extend it to include a huge variety of things (get a food processor, and a dehydrator). There are TONS of good recipes out there in the blogsphere!

    Today I had a raw cookie (it was made of ground up nuts and coconut and almond paste).

    I haven't had sushi, but I guess you could. Not sure how our digestive enzymes work with raw fish. I'm not a big raw fish girl anyhow.....but I would eat it for sure if I liked it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Those fruits & nuts you mentioned are sounding really good right now... :)

    ReplyDelete